Starring: Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid
This showing of the 1942 classic "Casablanca" is part of the "1942 Film Festival" at the Wieting. The complete, but tentative, schedule of films include:
- November 12th - "The Sullivans" (later re-titled as "The Fighting Sullivans")
- November 19th - "In the Shadow of Memory"
- November 26th - "Casablanca"
- December 3rd - "Windtalkers"
- December 10th - "Hometown" (the Clutier movie)
The festival is sponsored and organized by Mr. Kennan Seda. The overall, long-term festival plan is to screen classic World War II movies over the next several years so older residents can enjoy these movies again and to hopefully expose younger students to some of the history of World War II.
This screening is free and open to the public. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
The Wieting's November 26, 2017, screening of "Casablanca" marks the 75th Anniversary of the films release, on November 26, 1942.